Sunday, June 7, 2015

photo and story of how a petty thief was cut and mended


 below, is the story of how a petty thief was cut ..
"I was driving on the lekki express at about 10pm, i had just driven passed the second round about, the road was free up until about half way through to the next round about. I decided to wind the windows down to save gas as its scarce. 
My battery was running low on my phone (P9981) so I grabbed my power bank to charge it. A few minutes later, some guy suddenly came at my side of the car and said something I didnt quite hear and immediately shouted "wetin?", leaning sideways incase he became aggressive but he hurriedly walked away, then I heard something move from the front passenger side, I looked and saw some else running away, then it occured to me what had jus happened, f@#* my phone!
(i was charging it and left it on the seat with the power bank, silly idea) i quickly searched the seat and lo and behold, my phone was still there. The fool had taken my power bank and usb wire instead. You see, the power bank looks like an iphone, slick, black gloss infront and chrome behind. I got alot of compliments for it. That must have deceived him.
People around saw that someone stretched into my car and ran with something and no one showed any sign of empathy or alerted me of the theft as i was skilflully distracted by the other guy.
Anyway, as i drove on, with my windows "over up", i started reflecting on how lucky i was and then i became increasingly upset that i fell for that cheap trick. I made up my mind and turned back when i got to the 3 round about. I had a feeling that by then, they would have realised it wasnt a phone. As i apprached the exact spot where i was robbed, on the other lane, i saw the boy who distracted with about 8other boys looking on for their next victim (i assumed). Then i wound down and shouted, "ona dey plan another robbery abi, you think say ona sharp abi, you no see my phone carry, thiefffff, oleeeee!!!!" 
They turned around and one of the boys asks, "who rob you?" and i pointed at the boy, he immediately denied it, saying he wasnt a thief but the other boys who apparently didnt know him, were street hawkers, attempted to grab him and then he ran, manoeuving between cars in that traffic. I immediately hit the gas, to see if i could intercept him. By the time i made it back to the other lane, they had caught up with him, he attempted to scale the wired fence LCC installed but his foot got tangled in the fence, he was dragged down and pounced on him heavily. I got down, popped my trunk, took out the jack winder and introduced it to his back (which i regret now). All the while he kept denying it but couldnt give a good reason for being on the road.
Passers by also had their share, some people said they had been robbing people in traffic for about 2weeks straight, tonight was for the owners.
I decided it was a matter for the police & so i called the RRS at lekki ikoyi toll. They were there in 10minutes. I explained what happened, he attempted to deny it still, half way through his denial, he recieved two solid policeman slap. One of them asked, "oga wetin make we do with this one as we no fit prosecute am, normally, we go carry all these born throwey go lagoon fire them" I said NO OH! That they should lock him up and drill him till he produces all his accomplices. They bondled him in handcuffs and took him away.
Surprisingly, they didnt ask for money but guess who did, the street hawkers... 
My narration is long but i need to detail you to be able to visualise the whole drama. It felt good, who knows, he could have graduated to gun point robbery
Im sure there are Libers who have had similar experiences, have you?
 

No comments: